Susan Shares the Good News
1. Carol is such a dragon lady [恶婆娘]! We're better off having nothing to do with her.
2. That's the way the ball bounces/the cookie crumbles/ [事已至此谁也无法改变That is the way matters have worked out and nothing can be done about it.]. Ha ha. Get it?
3. Susan, this is no laughing matter [serious issue]!
4. The National Cookie Company called. They want to buy out [收购] our business.
5. Susan, this is a dream come true. It looks like we've struck it rich [突然暴富]!
6. Yes. Soon we'll be rolling in dough [very rich]! [dough - money (Slang)]