Bob Brings the Cookies to the Village Market
1. How did the baking go [进展如何]?
2. Slow at first, but we're getting the hang of it [掌握窍门; 熟悉用法].
3. Once you learn the ropes [学会怎么做某件事(特别是指跟工作有关的事) - 从航海而来，这水手一开始学必须学会哪条绳索是控制哪个风帆的], it becomes second nature [custom, habit].
4. To tell you the truth, I thought that baking 2,000 cookies would be a pain in the /neck/ass.
5. We managed to round up [collect] some helpers, and it was a piece of cake.
6. Thanks for coming in person [personally, 亲自] with the cookies.
7. Your guess is as good as mine [I don’t know any more than you do. 我也不知道].
8. In any case, I'll keep you posted [provide up-to-date information].
9. Okay. Just give me a ring as soon as you know.