Part I DICTATION
Think Positive and Feel Positive
Are you confident or insecure in a difficult situation? / Do you react positively or negatively? / The answer may depend in part on whom you’re around. / A study found that negative thinking can be contagious in some cases. / For example, the researchers studied 103 college roommates. / They measured each roommate’s tendency towards negative thinking. / It was found that thinking patterns can be contagious. / Students with a negative thinking roommate became more depressed themselves, / and students with more positive thinking roommates / were more likely to become more positive as well.
Part II LISTENING COMPREHENSION
SECTION A TALK
2. challenging settings
3. National Spelling Contest
4. passion and perseverance
5. future a reality
8. measures of talent
9. not fixed / changeable
10. a temporary condition
SECTION B CONVERSATIONS
1. Why does the woman call the man?
答案：［D］ To tell the man the procedure of the interview.
2. What kind of questions can the man ask in the interview?
答案：［A］ Questions related to the job.
3. Which is the last part of the interview?
答案：［C］Presentation from the interviewee.
4. What might be expected from the man’s presentation?
答案：［D］Company future and his contribution.
5. When is the interview scheduled?
答案：［B］11 a.m. ，next Thursday.
6. What is the interview mainly about?
答案：［C］ How to handle the problem of college loans.
7. How does the cost of college education change every year?
答案：［A］It was increased by 6 to 8%.
8. What is used to measure student loan debt as a guideline?
答案：［B］First year salary after graduation.
9. What is the advantage of joining a college savings plan?
答案：［D］Students withdraw without paying tax.
10. What is the possible social cost of a college loan?
答案：［A］Giving up charitable or volunteer work.